Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Local Coast Guard hosts a convention of humanitarians in Port Angeles/Seattle

The Coast Guard will host an international, humanitarian service training exercise from in the Port Angeles and Seattle areas from Aug. 24 to 27.

The exercise is being conducted in support of the North Pacific Coast Guard Forum (NPCGF), an international partnership of Coast Guard-like agencies from Japan, Russian, China, South Korea, Canada and the U.S., a press release from Seattle-based Coast Guard District 13 said.

Ships from Japan, Canada, China and Russia as well as security personnel from South Korea are scheduled to participate in the various events. They are slated to visit and operate out of Port Angeles next Monday, Aug. 24, and to travel to Seattle Wed., Aug. 26.

The training, named Pacific Unity, brings humanitarian professionals from the forum nations to train on aids-to-navigation, search and rescue, and maritime security operations, the Coast Guard said.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is off-topic but please listen. I am getting hurt pretty bad and I am asking for you help. There is a very dangerous culture out there that is persecuting me because I disagree with some things that it has done. Currently I am being spied on tortured, poisoned (my heart isn't doing so good)... Please read my story and if there is anything you can do I'd sincerely appreciate your help. http://www.urltrim.co.cc/885/

    ReplyDelete